'Bee' creative, celebrate UN World Bee Day and help create awareness about our native pollinators.
Pollinator Bookmark Contest
Thursday, May 20 to Friday, June 11
Ages: 9 to 12 years
Taking part is easy! Use the template provided to create an artwork masterpiece featuring your favourite native pollinators and flowers. Submit the design online using the entry form below or drop-off at the Main Library's Curbside Pickup (Dupont Street entrance) by June 11th.
Contest winners will be selected and recognized during National Pollinator Week (June 21 to 27). Winners will also receive bee-related materials AND 25 bookmarks of their very own design!
This contest is presented by Waterloo's Bee City, the City of Waterloo and Waterloo Public Library.
- This contest is open to residents living within the city of Waterloo
- One (1) entry per person
- Three (3) winners will be selected from each category: (a) Ages 9 and 10 (b) Ages 11 and 12 (c) Ages 13 and 14
- Use coloured pencils only, artwork must be original in nature, highlighting native pollinators and/or native wildflowers, and be images only, no words
- Complete all personal information, including parent/guardian signature
- Permission from parent/guardian is required to post your bookmark, name and age in City of Waterloo and Waterloo Public Library promotions
- Submissions not meeting the above criteria will not be accepted for entry