Get into winter fun with our new ice skate collection at the Eastside Branch! We carry both hockey and figure skates in a wide range of sizes.
How to Borrow
- Skates are available to borrow at our Eastside Branch
- Skates are available on a first come first serve basis
- Skates can be borrowed for 1 day using an adult library card
- Borrow up to 3 pairs of skates per library card
- Skates come with skate guards
How to Return
- Skates can only be returned to our Eastside Branch
- Return skates directly to staff at the Eastside Branch during library hours
- Skates may not be returned through a returns slot
Waterloo Public Library is not responsible for any injury or damages that may occur during the use of this equipment.
How Skates Should Fit
All skates should fit as tightly as possible without being too uncomfortable. You do not want your ankles or feet to have any wiggle room. Remember that all feet are different and each skate will fit uniquely. You will need to try them on to find the best fit. We do not carry half sizes and you might need to size up, so we recommend bringing an extra thick pair of socks, just in case.
We carry figure skates from an adult size 6 to size 10.
|Women's US||Men's US||EU||Figure Skate Size|
We carry hockey skates in a Junior Size 1 up to a Senior Size 12.
Toddler/Child (under size 1.5 shoe)
|Kid's US||EU||Youth Hockey Size|
Junior/Kid (between size 2 and 6.5 kid's or under size 8 women's)
|Kid's US||Women's US||EU||Junior Hockey Size|
Senior (greater than a 7 Men's or 8.5 Women's Shoe)
|Men's US||Women's US||EU||Senior Hockey Size|
519-886-1310 ext. 410