Limited computer and WiFi services are available at the Main Library and the McCormick Branch.
The public computer workstations and WiFi seats can be reserved in advance and are also available to walk-in customers.
Computers can be reserved for 1 hour slots with a maximum of 2 hours per day. Bookings may be made 1 day in advance.
WiFi seats can be reserved for one 2-hour slot per day. Bookings may be made 1 day in advance.
In accordance with the Region of Waterloo's Face Covering By-law, masks must be worn while inside the library
Available Monday to Saturday
10:30am to 5:30pm
CLICK HERE to book a computer now.
CLICK HERE to reserve a WiFi seat now.
There will be 10 computer workstations and 12 WiFi seats available. 8 WiFi seats have access to power, 4 WiFi seats without access to power.
The computer workstations and the WiFi seats will be located on the upper level of the Main Library. Computer and WiFi customers must enter through the Albert St. doors and check-in at the Reception Desk.
There will be 4 computer workstations and 8 WiFi seats available. The WiFi seats do not have access to power.
The computer workstations and the WiFi seats will be located in the McCormick Arena Community Room beside the McCormick Branch. Customers will enter through the McCormick Branch doors and then follow the posted instructions.
- Due to COVID-19, there will NOT be any access to the library collections except through our WPL To Go Curbside Pick-Up Service
- Customers will be provided with alcohol swabs to clean their computer screen, keyboard and mouse after use
- Washrooms are available
- Food is NOT allowed at the computer stations or WiFi seats
- Drinks with lids are allowed
- Laptops and iPads will not be available for borrowing
- Sanitize your hands before entering the building
- In accordance with the Region of Waterloo's Face Covering By-law, masks must be worn while inside the library; view the Face Covering By-law for complete details
- Respect physical distancing and stay 6 feet apart
Before entering the library please ask yourself:
- Are you unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, new cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 diagnosis?
If you answer "Yes" to any of these, do NOT enter the library.
View WPL's Internet and Computer Use Policy.