You will need a valid Waterloo Public Library card to book a public computer.
Reservations can be made up to one day in advance from any WPL location, from home, work or school – anytime and from anywhere that you have Internet access.
Laser printing is available at all WPL locations.
- $0.15 per page (black and white)
- $0.50 per page (colour)
It is FREE to print vaccination records and any government issued documents. Please see staff at your location for assistance.
We also offer flash drives for purchase. Contact the Information Desk for details.
Programs Available on the Public Computers
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Reader
- VLC Media Player
- QuickTime Player
- Snipping Tool
Other Computer Information
For more information about booking a computer at your favourite WPL location, contact us at email@example.com or 519-886-1310:
- Main Library – Information Desk (Adult) ext. 124
- Main Library – Children’s Department ext. 129
- McCormick Branch ext. 213
- John M. Harper Branch ext. 310
- Customers will be provided with alcohol swabs to clean their computer screen, keyboard and mouse after use
- Washrooms are available
- Food is NOT allowed at the computer stations or WiFi/Study seats
- Drinks with lids are allowed
- Laptops and iPads will not be available for borrowing
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the building
- In accordance with both the Province of Ontario's Reopening Ontario Act, 2020 Regulation 364/20 and the Region of Waterloo's Face Covering By-law, masks must be worn while inside the library, unless exemptions apply.
- Respect physical distancing and stay 6 feet apart
Before entering the library please ask yourself:
- Are you unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, new cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 diagnosis?
If you answer "Yes" to any of these, do NOT enter the library.
- Reopening Ontario Act, 2020 Regulation 364/20
- The Regional Municipality of Waterloo Face Covering By-law No. 20-035 & Amendment